CRAIG ORT NAMED HUNTERDON/SOMERSET REALTOR OF THE YEAR!!
CLINTON, N.J. – (Sept., 2015) – Craig T. Ort, a sales associate affiliated with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Clinton, has been named 2015 Realtor of the Year by the Hunterdon/Somerset Association of Realtors (HSAR). HSAR chooses the Realtor of the Year based on professional spirit, business accomplishments, community service and activity with real estate boards.
“Craig meets all of these qualifications and then some,” said Don Ricard, branch vice president of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Clinton. “Craig is a consummate Realtor, whose clients excel by having him manage every detail of their real estate needs.”
Ort is a Clinton Township resident and fourth-generation real estate agent who has lived in Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren counties throughout his whole life. He possesses an intimate knowledge of local communities that he utilizes when helping each client find the home of their dreams. Ort has 11 years of real estate sales experience and uses the latest real estate technology to benefit his clients. He is a Certified Cendant Relocation Marketing Specialist and a Certified Cendant Referral Specialist.
He has earned many professional accolades, including the New Jersey Realtors NJAR Circle of Excellence Sales Award for nine consecutive years, from 2006-2014. Ort also achieved the Coldwell Banker International Diamond Society Award for 2014, placing him in the top 11 percent of approximately 87,000 Coldwell Banker sales associates worldwide. He sold an impressive 38 homes for a combined total of $8.5 million dollars in 2014. Ort has regularly been named Associate of the Month at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Clinton based on closed sales volume and total units sold.
Ort serves on the 2014 HSAR Board of Directors and chairs the HSAR Garden State Multiple Listing Service Committee. He is also a member of the HSAR Professional Standards and Young Professionals Network committees. Ort actively gives back to the community, volunteering with Meals on Wheels, Feed the Need and Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage Cares Day.
Local Market Update for March 2015
Coldwell Banker International Presidents Circle Award
Craig and Bethe were honored with the Coldwell Banker International Presidents Circle Award and are among the top 6% of sales associate nationwide!
WHAT CAN YOUR REAL ESTATE AGENT DO FOR YOU?
Written by Julie Dolan
If you’re thinking of buying a new home in the near future, there are a few things you need to do. First, you will want to get pre-qualified or pre-approved for a mortgage to see how much you can afford. And you’ll probably start a preliminary scan of properties in your target community. But before you get to the point of booking showings, I encourage you to look for an experienced real estate agent to help you in your search.
As you embark on your home search, there are plenty of things that your agent can do for you. Here are just a few.
- Listen. It always helps to have a sounding board if you’re trying to pinpoint your priorities. Since it’s likely that your home will be one of the biggest investments you ever make, you want it to be everything you’d hoped for and you want to get your money’s worth. By listening to your list of needs, wants, and “must haves,” your agent can help you refine your search to include only the homes that represent all of the features you are looking for. Moreover, a good agent will hone in on what you are looking for simply by observing your reactions and opinions at showings.
- Inform. A good real estate agent is aware of the ebb and flow of the real estate market, has access to the tools of the trade, and is experienced with all the pitfalls and pluses of a home sale, making him or her an excellent resource. Not only do agents have access to online listing databases, they have connections with other agents that could lead you to your dream home. They can counsel you about the state of the market, make recommendations regarding your offer, and keep a keen eye out for any issues that might arise with the house itself or with the sale. Choose an agent who is knowledgeable in your target community, and you’ll have the bonus of an “insider” who can tell you about schools, services, utilities, and other aspects unique to the area.
- Network. In addition to connections to other real estate agents, your agent will have a network of other agents, home inspectors, lenders, and other professionals who can help you navigate the home buying process. And by consulting with other agents, your agent will be able to provide insights about available homes, homes coming up for sale, and other details that only an someone inside the industry would be able to access on your behalf.
- Advocate. Having completed many a previous home sale, your agent will know if anything is amiss, unusual, or just not in your best interest s you make an offer and proceed down the path to home ownership. He or she can raise a red flag if something seems “off,” and help broker a solution with the seller or seller’s agent.
- Negotiate. Once you decide to make an offer on that perfect home, your agent can help you negotiate the terms. If there are concerns raised by the inspection, or you simply want a bit of expert advice about your initial bid, your agent is your best guide – as well as an intermediary between you and the buyer so that the transaction doesn’t get too personal.
This list only scratches the surface of the many services your real estate agent can provide you. Buying a home can be a daunting process, but having your agent at your side will ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Hunterdon Somerset Association of Realtors welcome newly installed officers
Realtors Care DayRealtors® Care Day
is an all-day home-repair project to help those who have critical home maintenance needs. HSAR Realtors® and Affiliate Members put down their smartphones and picked up toolboxes to help provide a Hillsborough homeowner a safer, cleaner and more stable home in which to live. We are providing homeowners with a sense of renewal and dignity about a very important part of their lives - their home - September 18, 2014!
Client Appreciation Day/Shredding Event was a HUGE success.
We shredded almost 4 ton of paper for recycling, collected $350 and items for the Open Pantry in Clinton AND had a blast doing it! Looking forward to our next event!
Coldwell Banker Cares Day
Had a great time today at Coldwell Banker Cares Days helping provide free monthly non toxic house cleaning to all cancer patients in our area!
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage honors its top associate
By Hunterdon County Democrat on August 03, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage is proud to announce its top agent in Hunterdon County for the month of June 2013. Craig T. Ort was named Hunterdon County Associate of the Month, ranking No. 1 in sales production in his Clinton sales office and among all Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage agents in Hunterdon County. Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in New Jersey and Rockland County, N.Y., a leading residential real estate brokerage company, operates 56 offices with approximately 3,000 sales associates serving all communities from Rockland County, to Monmouth County. Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in New Jersey and Rockland County is part of NRT LLC, the nation’s largest residential real estate brokerage company.
Ranked The #1 Largest Real Estate Broker in the U.S.*
Real Trends ranks NRT, LLC, including Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage New Jersey & Rockland County, NY as the #1 largest Residential Real Estate Firm in the U.S. for the 16th consecutive year. *According to the 2013 Real Trends 500 report of the 500 Largest Brokers in the U.S.
Craig T. Ort of Coldwell Banker in Clinton ranks among top 50 agents.
Craig T. Ort, sales associate with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Clinton, has ranked among the top 50 of more than 3,000 agents at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in New Jersey and Rockland County, N.Y. for units sold year-to-date in 2013. A Clinton Township resident who has lived in Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren counties throughout his life, Ort possesses an intimate knowledge of local communities that he utilizes when helping clients find a home that matches their needs. Ort’s accolades include being named to the New Jersey Association of Realtors (NJAR) Circle of Excellence for eight consecutive years, mostly recently winning the award at the Silver Level for 2012. Ort is a frequent Associate of the Month, ranking in categories such as sales volume, listings sold and revenue. He was also named for three consecutive years to the Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle, representing approximately the Top 4% of worldwide Coldwell Banker agents. Ort has been named several times as Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage’s Hunterdon County Associate of the Month. Providing real estate services for buyers and sellers in Hunterdon, Somerset, and Warren counties, Ort is a member of the National Association of Realtors, the Hunterdon-Somerset Association of Realtors and the Garden State Multiple Listing Service and several on several committees at the Hunterdon / Somerset Board of Realtors.
Thinking of selling , but decided to wait?
Historically low mortgage rates and a favorable affordability climate have loaded the real estate market with qualified buyers for your home. This may be the time you have been waiting for. Inventory in our area is currently low. Call me today to discuss the possibilities. Craig (908) 268-7000
Coldwell Banker World's Most Ethical Companies
Dear Colleagues, It is my pleasure to share with you that for the second consecutive year Realogy has received the prestigious designation of being named among the World's Most Ethical Companies. The award presented by the Ethisphere® Institute highlights companies that outperform their industry peers for ethical conduct. Realogy was chosen from nominated companies headquartered in 100 different countries and across 36 industries. Companies were evaluated using a rigorous proprietary methodology, based on their ethics and compliance program, reputation, leadership and innovation, governance, corporate citizenship and responsibility, and ethical culture. As part of Realogy and the NRT family of companies, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage strives to set the standard for ethical conduct. We are proud of this recognition which demonstrates that our ethical values, and solid reputation in the communities that we serve, are sound benchmarks for others in this industry. I am proud to be part of an organization that demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the highest ethical standards, and I thank you for sharing in that commitment. Sincerely, Hal Maxwell President Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, NJ and Rockland County, NY
We believe in home.........
Agent of the month Feb 2013
Agent of the month - January 2013